Ramadan is round the corner…
And we all know Ramadan ISN’T about food and loading up our plates…
And as much I don’t want to admit it…
I’m just going to say it…
GIMME ALLLLLLL THE SAMOSAS.
How great are SAMOSAS though?!?! (and the pakoras too, obvs)
I for one, am super excited about making some good ol’ samosas this year! I’ve previously ALWAYS struggled with making samosas using the ready made spring roll pastry sheets you can get pretty easily out and about and it’s always put me off samosas. However, this year I learnt how to make great samosas at home from scratch with a pretty basic dough and I honestly feel like it’s legit improved my quality of life. You can see the method that’s made samosa making super easy for me in this recipe here – but you can use whatever method of samosa making you like!
I’ve compiled this list of absolutely awesome samosa fillings. Some are traditional, standard recipes. Some however are quite unique – I haven’t had a lot of these before!
Enjoy this list! Hope you manage to try some of these out 🙂 I sure hope I can too!
Savoury Samosa Ideas
1. Chicken Samosas – This Muslim Girl Bakes
This is a wonderful standard chicken samosa recipe which uses traditional Desi spices. From one my most favourite bloggers out there, bonus!
2. Lamb Tikka Samosas – BBC Good Food
A delicious idea for a samosa that packs a punch of flavour! I reckon this would be delicious with boneless lamb too
3. Minced Lamb Filling – My Own
This is a classic favourite for samosas alongside chicken samosas. You can add peas or other vegetables too if you want – it’s pretty versatile and forgiving!
4. Butter Chicken Samosas – Nish Kitchen
5. Lebanese Flavour Inspired Chicken Samosas – But Chai First
This recipe includes pomegranate molasses, fried pine nuts and parsley – wonderful for a change from the traditional Asian spiced fillings!
6. Saudi Sambosa with Mung Bean & Meat – But Chai First
A delicious combination I’ve never heard of until today! *Added to ‘to-cook’ list*
7. Chinese Chicken & Noodle Samosas – Cubes n Juliennes
Savoury + Vegetarian Samosa Ideas
8. Jalapeno Three Cheese Samosas – My Food Story
These pictures are absolutely to die for! These would go perfect with the ready made thin sheets of spring roll/samosa pastry.
9. Jalapeno & Cheese Wonton Samosas – Flour & Spice Blog
A variation on #8, made with wonton wrappers for even more ease!
9. Cheese & Potato Samosas – Jeny John
Cheese and potatoes are the ultimate winning combination for warm, comforting pleasures! Double points for cheese and potatoes in a pastry crust!
10. Cheese & Spring Onion Samosa -Tarla Dalal
The amazing Tarla Dalal has her own variation of a cheese samosa too – with spring onions.
11. Samosas with Spinach & Cottage Cheese – Archanas Kitchen
12. Cumin Spiced Potato Filling for Samosas – My Own
The classic Aloo filling we all know and love
13. Potato & Pea (Aloo Matar) Samosa – Food Buddy
Same as #13, but with the bonus addition of delicious peas
14. Tomato, Basic & Mozarella Parcels – Neils Healthy Meals
OK so technically this ISN’T a samosa – but it sure looks like one! It sounds like an absolutely appetising combination!
15. Pizza Samosas – Taste Made
16. Ethiopian Lentil Sambusa – Demand Africa
17. Crispy Iranian Onion Samosas – Sallu’s Kitchen
I’ve had this saved to my Pinterest account for YEARS now and have just not gotten around to trying these! May this Ramadan be the year, ameen.
Sweet Samosa Ideas
17. Sweet Christmas Samosas – Chilli and Cakes
Filled with semolina, almonds, coconut, orange zest, cranberries and pistachios – this unique and luxurious combination sounds absolutely amazing
18. Chocolate Samosa – Your Sunny Side Up
C’mon… you knew this one was coming
19. Sweet Coconut Samosas – My Own
This is one I mostly turn to when I want to make a sweet samosa. Easy, quick and just so damn good!
20. Sweet Cream Cheese Samosas – Cleobuttera
21. Savory Apple Samosas – A Brown Table
Thursday 1st of October 2020
Thanks Guys, Your Recipe Was Too Fantastic. Me and My Family Loved it. I Will definitely Share your Rrecipe with my friends.
Sunday 31st of January 2021
How to Make Samosas (A Recipe from Djibouti) - The Foreign Fork
Friday 25th of September 2020
[…] potatoes, and more! You can even experiment with out of the box ideas. Check out this article with 21 Delicious Samosa Filling Ideas for more […]